Design Excellence Awards
- $75.00 for the first entry, $50.00 for each additional entry.
- Projects must have been completed after January 1, 2019.
- Participants MUST be ASID Alabama members in good standing.
- There are 3 possible awards for each category. However, the judges will determine award level based upon how well a project meets design standards; therefore, there may not be one of each level presented in every category. In other words, the judges may chose to award Silver and Bronze awards should there not be a project they feel warrants Gold level designation, or Gold and Bronze awards in the absence of a project they feel warrants a Silver level.
- Possible in a category shall be as follows:
- Gold – receives a trophy.
- Silver – receives a medallion.
- Bronze – receives a medallion.
- If a winning designer is not at the awards presentation they will be responsible for acquiring their trophy or medallion. They can either arrange for someone to pick it up, or they can pay shipping costs to have it sent to them.
- Gold level projects will be published in ALDesign, the quarterly newsletter of ASID Alabama. Silver and Bronze levels may, or may not, appear in the newsletter; if photos of the projects are not published, an announcement or mention will appear instead.
- Additional trophies and medallions; available after the awards presentation:
- Red– foil certificates – $12.00/each (NOTE: certificates will not be given at the presentation).
- Additional Trophies - $100.00 plus shipping costs.
- Additional Medallions - $50.00 plus shipping costs.
- Additional Awards:
- Best of Competition - There will be two Best in Competition awards; one for commercial and one for residential.
All forms, entries and payments must be received no later than midnight June 30th, 2020.
- The online competition site has been enhanced and updated, providing a more user friendly experience. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Bryant Williams at email@example.com.
- To enter, you will need to setup an “account”; follow these steps:
- Create a new account under "Sign In" at the top of the page.
- Once logged in, your action panel may already be open. If not, open it under "Me" in the upper right corner.
- From the action panel, edit your profile.
- Under "Memberships & Affiliations", add a new membership.
- Add yourself as a member of ASID Alabama and include your member type and your member ID. (This will add new useful links to your action panel.)
- The online platform and system is located at https://cpjam.com/asid/alabama/contests/Design-Excellence-Awards-2020
- Remove all project or firm identification from all parts of the entry except the appropriate forms. If anonymity is not preserved, the entry will be disqualified.
- Awards can be presented to either individuals or firms, the choice being that of the primary entrant.
- A project can only be entered into one category, except for the Industry Partner’s Choice category which can be any project whether entered into another category or not.
- Description of the project, based on judging criteria; bullet points/lists are acceptable. (NOTE: There is no form for this requirement, there will be a place in the online entry platform.)
- Form A: Release & Consent - All drawings and photographs submitted must be cleared by the entrant AND the client for exhibition or publication purposes. ASID shall assume no responsibility for copyright or photographic fees.
- Form B: Industry Partner Utilization - To be submitted only if entering the Industry Partners Choice category.
- Project Photographs:
- Submit clear high-res photos suitable for publication (300 dpi or higher). Any one image must not exceed 10,000 MB.
- If photos are not of professional quality the project may not appear in the newsletter or other forms of publicity.
- Provide a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 10 photos for each entry, except for “Large” categories which will be allowed a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 15 photos. No PowerPoint presentations will be accepted.
- All photos must be submitted as single pictures (do not combine multiple photos into one), and should be in .jpg, .jpeg, or .png format. Photos must be high-res quality suitable for publication.
- Be sure that your images are oriented correctly.
- Floor Plan - Provide a clear and legible floor plan of your project.
Jury and Judging
- All entries will be judged by a third-party to enable an "arm's length" approach to the competition. Projects will be judged against the design criteria, not other entries.
- Total points/scores for each submission will range from 0-90, with the maximum score possible being 90. Prizes will be awarded based on the following ranges:
- 80-90: Gold
- 79-72: Silver
- 71-65: Bronze
- Projects must have the minimum score in each of the awards categories to qualify:
- The highest score with a minimum score of 80 will receive a Gold award.
- The second highest score with a minimum score of 72 will receive a Silver award.
- The third highest score with a minimum score of 65 will receive a Bronze award.
- Submissions remain the property of the Chapter
- If an entry is awarded Gold level, the entrant agrees to Alabama Chapter of ASID sending all entry-related materials to ASID National for national entry and publicity if applicable.
- Each entrant receiving an award agrees to follow publicity guidelines as established by ASID and authorizes ASID to use photographs and submitted content in publicity releases.