Dr. Mary Ann Potter Outstanding Educator Award
The annual Dr. Mary Ann Potter Outstanding Educator Award honors the educators in our state who have shown outstanding and significant contributions to interior design education and/or the Alabama ASID chapter. The award recognizes educators who have promoted interior design professionalism within their respective programs.
- The Nominee does NOT have to be a member of ASID.
- The Nominee must be an instructor in an interior design program in the state of Alabama; AND
- The Nominee must have made contributions in any of the following manners:
- Showing enthusiasm and support to the student ASID Chapter at their school;
- A genuine commitment to advancing the goals and/or strategic plan of the chapter;
- Significantly contributing to the chapter through service and/or projects;
- Significant local, regional or national contributions to interior design education. These contributions may be a combination of, but not limited to:
- Leadership within the profession including educational and research contributions;
- Leadership roles in related organizations such as NCIDQ, CIDA, etc.;
- Contributions to educational efforts that serve to further design excellence.
Nominations may be made by:
- Active ASID Alabama members (including practitioners, students, educators and Industry Partners); or
- Non-members who are part of the faculty at an interior design program in the state of Alabama.
- A completed nomination form;
- At least one typed letter of recommendation, describing any and all ways the educator has met the contributions as listed above from at least one of the following:
- a student (current or former);
- a group of students;
- an ASID practitioner member;
- a member of the schools’ faculty, including the dean.
- All forms and documents must be postmarked no later than midnight May 31st, 2020.
- All nominations will be considered, and a recipient chosen, by the Board of Directors.